Who We Are
Our organization provides services to the community's most vulnerable, offering the support and resources needed to live independently and with dignity.
We are governed by a community-based Board of Directors who live and work in the metropolitan Detroit area. People who receive services and their families are represented on our Board of Directors. We are always looking for community volunteers to serve on our boards and committees. If you are interested, please contact us.
We provide quality services with highly qualified staff. They are educated, credentialed and receive ongoing training to enhance their skills. Most importantly, AWBS professionals are caring, kind and resourceful individuals who approach their responsibilities with enthusiasm and compassion. That is what makes our services exceptional.
We invite you to contact us and inquire about any of our services or with any questions you have about the system of service delivery.
Dawn Rucker, LMSW, ACSW, CAADC President & CEO
Andrea DeShields-Thomas, LBSW Director of Developmental Disability Services
Sherry Scott, LLMSW Interim Director of Mental Health & SUD Services
- Chandra Carr Program Supervisor, Integrated Care
- Pamela Crutchfiled Program Supervisor, Developmental Disability Services
- Sandra Cummings Program Supervisor, Health Promotion and Community Services
- LaToya Garcia-Henry Quality Improvement Manager
- Sherry Glenn Employee Programs Manager
- Melissa Groth Assistant Program Supervisor, Mental Health
- Kelly McKissick Program Supervisor, Developmental Disability Services
- Janice Newsome Executive Office Manager
- Nicola Walker Project Director, Collaborate and Prevent HIV
- Jesse Washington Program Supervisor, Substance Use Disorders