Who We Are
Adult Well-Being Services has provided services to children, adults and families for sixty-three years.
- We were founded by the Junior League as the Senior Center in 1953, and have operated continuously since that time.
- AWBS implemented programs to serve individuals with Developmental Disabilities in 1974.
- AWBS implemented programs to serve individuals with Mental Illness in 1975.
- Adult Service Centers, Inc. and Well-Being Service for Aging merged and adopted new By-laws with the name Adult Well-Being Services in 1986.
AWBS continues as a well-established and solid organization with significant impact.
- We serve over 10,000 individuals annually offering evidence based and innovative programs operating in Wayne and Macomb counties.
- AWBS has received continuous accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 1991.
- We provide services at several locations throughout Wayne and Macomb counties.
Helping people live as independently as possible since 1953.